TUPAC’S ALIVE! You heard it here first, well probably not, but we’re really excited. Isn’t technology great? I didn’t think anything could top the Rubik’s cube MP3 player, but that was blown out of the water at Coachella by the surprising appearance of a Tupac ‘’hologram’’ during Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg’s headline slot on Sunday night. Unfortunately, we couldn’t be at this year’s festival, despite Ben having a ticket at one point, so we had to watch from the comfort of our net/Macbooks. And from what we saw, I don’t think any superlative could describe it. It’s definitely encouraged us to go to next year’s fest, and who knows we may even get to watch The Beatles, Bob Marley or even Biggie if this holographic technology is harnessed again next year.
A friend of mine was telling me about how sick the Gorillaz holograms were live, but their Glastonbury performance left much to be desired, albeit I watched it on TV; but 2 Pac was insane, and I’m not even that big of a fan. Now that the dust has settled and the live stream is off, we thought we’d make a compilation of our favourite performances at Coachella, and Pac joining Dre & Snoop was definitely one of our highlights.
– I’d pay so much to see this guy live, he’s absolutely sublime and the crowd were well receptive:
– Some technical kicks aside, Frankie smashed it with the aid of BBNG as house band. ‘White’ at the end was phenomenal, look out for Tyler on Analog 2:
Dr.Dre & Snoop Dogg feat. Tupac, Eminem, Wiz Khalifa, 50 Cent Warren G & Kendrick Lamar
– Words couldn’t begin to describe:
– The whole set was off the chain, but the trance version of Couleurs at the end was ridiculous:
– It’s Radiohead live, what did you expect:
– To quote YouTube, my favourite part was 00:00-52:58:
– He was that pretty motherfucker, Harlem was what he was repping:
– I love Laura Marling, I love Laura Marling, I love Laura Marling: